|Image Credit: Alpha|
Here is a very simple recipe, adapted from one of the Lord Burgh’s recipe pamphlets. It would be easy enough to do with the kids and it tastes delicious too.
Honey Toast with Nuts
- First of all lightly toast four slices of “doorstop” white bread. By doorstop I mean hand cut thick white proper bread.
- Butter your bread lightly.
- Slather some good Lincolnshire Honey on top.
- Sprinkle some ground ginger and cinnamon to your taste.
- Sprinkle either Pinenuts or walnuts on top of the honey , the original recipe uses pinenuts.
- Pop it under a medium grill, but keep a keen eye on it or the nuts and honey will burn. It is a good idea to put some baking parchment or foil at the bottom of your grill pan to save you trying to get molten honey off later when washing up.
- Cut into quarters and serve straight away. This is lovely as a brunch dish or supper dish.
Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Email Loryn Good with the full method, ingredients and a few nice pictures to be included!